Wednesday, March 01, 2017

Pat Boyette IS Anchorman!


As a comics artist, Pat Boyette was a unique stylist, perhaps best known today for his Peacemaker character during Dick Giordano's reign at Charlton. Years ago I had read that he also made a few low-budget films. Something I did NOT know until now was that WHILE he was making movies and WHILE he was drawing comic books, he was also, in the early 1960s, a popular TV anchorman in Texas!







Here are some of my favorite covers from Boyette comics.






2 comments:

  1. Pat Boyette is something of a comic book hero for me. I always liked his distinctive style, even though that style never found a footing at DC or Marvel really. His ability to do gothic horror is unmatched and he had a knack for blending the real and the fantastic together in fascinating ways. His movie is pretty dreadful, but from what I read his speaking voice was wonderful. I love how he did comics the way he wanted for as long as he seemed to want to do them, showing in all sorts of odd places. You had to keep your eye out for his work.

    Rip Off

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! Like you, I knew about the comics and the films, but I had no idea about the news anchoring! Great find. I love those old print ads for the TV station, too. :-)

    ReplyDelete