Tuesday, August 12, 2014

R.I.P. Robin Williams



I couldn't bring myself to say anything yesterday. This one stunned me. Robin Williams came into my life just as I reached adulthood and he's gone through it with me every step of the way. In fact, just yesterday, only an hour or so before the information about Robin's passing hit the Net, I was referencing him to one of our son's new teachers and just the thought of Robin Williams made both of us laugh. Then I came home to the news. 

To say Robin Williams was the funniest man who ever lived--something we post about frequently in this blog--might possibly be an understatement. He was a whirling dervish of hurricane comedy without a trace of a net. He was also a brilliant actor capable of surprising subtlety. 

I never met him. Most of us didn't. But unlike so many celebs that pass these days, Robin was more genuinely like family to all of us than I think we even knew. It hit us hard. All but the most hard-hearted among us. 
We miss you already, sir.
Rest in peace.






No comments:

Post a Comment