Thursday, March 06, 2014

Happy Will Eisner Week!


Someone somewhere has declared this a week to honor the late, great comics creator Will Eisner. While Eisner was much, more more than just THE SPIRIT, it was nevertheless the blue-clad detective through whom I first discovered him at the ripe old age of 7 in 1966! Seen here are just a very few of my favorite SPIRIT covers by Will throughout the years.




Above and below--my two all-time favorites out of the master's legendary SPIRIT splash pages.



Below--my first ever exposure to THE SPIRIT.







2 comments:

  1. Hmm. Didn't get the memo.

    I love those covers that Eisner produced for the Kitchen Sink reprints. One of the great regrets of the last decade is that I didn't get the Spirit Archives as they came out, but I just wasn't financially able to do so at the time.

    But at least I have many of the stories in the handy Kitchen Sink reprints, both comics and magazines.

    Great stuff indeed, but we already knew that.

    Rip Off

    ReplyDelete
  2. THE SPIRIT ARCHIVES were the only ones that I DID get regularly. The first 8 volumes. After that, even I couldn't rationalize them. Figuring I'd never be able to afford the remaining 17 volumes, I sold my 8 last year. :(

    ReplyDelete