Saturday, March 02, 2013

Ruckus-Comedy, Drama, Biker Flick, Action film or Car Chase Movie?


RUCKUS is an obscure 1980 film with Dirk Benedict and Linda Blair. Judging by the above ad, it's a dark, serious drama.

Or...judging by the much later DVD box below, it's a RAMBO-style action film.



Or is it, as EAT MY SMOKE, a Cormanesque cachase drive-in car chase flick? 


Or a cycle picture?


Or, as RUCKUS IN MADOC COUNTY, a flat-out, DUKES OF HAZZARD-style comedy romp?
Goes to show it's all in the marketing.


2 comments:

  1. I saw this a zillion years ago and it seems to me was a bit of Rambo (shell-shocked vet comes into small town just wanting to eat, but he orders his burger raw) and a bit dark, but not Deliverance dark. I'd love to see it again.

    RetroHound.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, I haven't thought about this in many years. I saw it on my grandma's HBO when I was about 10... I had to watch because it starred Starbuck from Battlestar Galactica! From what I recall, it was the same basic storyline as First Blood... Vietnam vet comes to small town, gets hassled by cops, and goes up in the woods to fight a one-man war against the small-minded authorities. I recall a happy ending with him swimming in a lake and waving to Linda Blair, so I guess it turned out better than FB...

    ReplyDelete