Monday, September 27, 2010

Walt Disney-Magician of the Movies

Thanks to author/animation historian Jim Korkis for helping me to identify, after forty years, my favorite library book as a child. After all these years, all I could remember was that it was a biography of Disney with a black and white picture of Uncle Walt smiling on the cover. Published as a kids' biography, it was nonetheless the first book I ever checked out from the grown up section of the Public Library. And I checked it out a lot. Maybe that's why they blamed me when it went missing eventually--I lost it, I stole it, I...But I didn't. I don't know what happened to it. My parents were upset enough over the implication, however, to forbid me to go back to the Public Library for many years, until long after they'd moved to a new location. That decision led to my discovery of bookstores and the beginning of Booksteve's Library.

1 comment: