Saturday, June 03, 2006

Steranko's History Who's Who




Now here's something I forgot. Apparently I had stuffed it into my copy of the STERANKO HISTORY OF COMICS vol. 1 at least thirty years back. As part of the extras that were sent along with the STERANKO HISTORY OF COMICS Vol. 2 back in the early seventies (to those of us impatiently waiting for what seemed like years), I received this handy dandy key to who's who on those colorful art-filled, wordless (at least in the early printings) covers of both vol. 1 and vol. 2. I'll be honest with you, though, What you see here are NOT my copies as those darned hard to store oversized volumes wouldn't even come close to fitting on my scanner. No, these are cribbed from the 'Net and I couldn't find a pic of a first printing of vol. 1 so the pictures toward the bottom are truncated or cut off. Sorry. Still, if you've always wondered who that guy or gal with the weird costume is (pick one), here's the official word from Jaunty Jim Steranko himself, circa 1972.

No comments:

Post a Comment